Eurasian Harm Reduction Network (EHRN) within the implementation of the EC funded project “Harm reduction works! Improving funding for harm reduction and HIV prevention in the EU” has an opportunity to support the organization of 3 onsite trainings where experts from NGOs holding the best practice in a certain harm reduction related spheres can visit the organization in need of TS in those spheres to provide on-the-job training.
If your organization is in need of such kind of technical support in relevant HR related sphere, satisfies the requirements listed below and there is a peer NGO which has the required expertize and ready to provide you with such technical support – please feel free to submit the Request for Technical Support to EHRN.
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 15 August, 2016.
Key focus of onsite trainings
The onsite trainings should be focused on at least one of the next topics:
- Leveraging European Union funding for harm reduction
- National level budget advocacy for harm reduction services
- PWID community systems strengthening to overcome legal barriers
- Community based monitoring of the harm reduction services provision
Other topics could be also discussed with EHRN depending on the needs and individual circumstances of those NGOs requesting for such technical support.
Length of onsite trainings
The length of one onsite training could be up to 4 days.
Who is eligible to apply for such technical support?
NGOs including community based organizations working in the field of harm reduction in EU-member countries where EHRN is engaged: Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Rep., Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
On the results of the application process EHRN will select 3 NGOs to be supported.
Priority will be given to the EHRN members. To become EHRN member go here.
Requirements for the consultants\organization to provide technical support
Only employees of those NGO located in EU member countries and working in the field of HIV prevention among PWUD for at least 3 years could be involved as consultants\trainers for the provision of onsite trainings. Priority will be given to the trainers\NGOs from those 11 EU countries listed in the paragraph above.
The consultants\trainers should satisfy the next requirement:
- Experience in planning and facilitation of a least three workshops\seminars\trainings in last two years (should be clear from CV and Letter of interest);
- Good knowledge on the topic of the onsite training (should be clear from CV and Letter of Interest);
- Good communication skills;
- Tolerant attitude towards people living with HIV, people who use drugs;
- Good written and spoken English (in case the training will be organized in English).
Expenditure to be covered by EHRN
EHRN will be able to cover:
- Fees for two consultants (up to 400 EUR per day)
- Round trip travel costs
- Per diems which include expenses for accommodation and meals
How to apply?
The interested candidates should fill in and submit the Request for Technical Support and submit it together with CVs of the consultants to provide TS and Letters of interest from them (in free format) by 15.07.2016 COB Vilnius time.
The contact person: email@example.com