Georgia has developed a Plan on Transition from Global Fund funding by 2021. This document has been approved by the CCM, after the lengthy development and consultation process. At this moment, it is not clear if further approval (e.g. by the Government) is planned. The document is critical for civil society and community representatives to ensure the sustainable transition of key for them HIV and TB services from Global Fund support to national funding. That is why it is important for civil society to have a clear understanding of its content including the key activities planned of key importance for civil society as well as existing gaps. A request for TA received by EHRN from representatives of civil society and communities in Georgia in February 2017 included demand to support the development of such Info Note.
Under this ToR EHRN is looking for the consultant to who would be able:
By 21.04: develop and agree with EHRN an outline of the Info Note. The document should not exceed 10 pages (excluding attachments, if any). The Info Note should provide a brief overview of the Georgia Transition Plan including:
- background and process of development
- explanation of its overall goals and purpose;
- information on the key activities planned, which are the most important for civil society and KAPs; analyze weaknesses and strength of those activities; identify key gaps;
- explanation of the next steps and recommendations for CSOs/KAPs engagement in the transition process.
By 21.04: develop and agree with EHRN the methodology for collecting information for the Info Note.
This could include:
(1) a review of the Plan itself, already available written feedback to the plan by the representatives of civil society and other involved stakeholders; any other available related documents (e.g. state budget, regulations, etc.).
(2) up to 5 interviews with identified key informants, who are able to provide\clarify information needed for the Info Note.
By 05.05: provide EHRN with a first draft of the Info Note for a feedback and comments.
By 10.05: submit to EHRN the final version of the Info Note.
How to apply
The candidates are invited to submit their CV, Letter of interest and state the daily rate in EUR (including the taxes) by e-mail referenced under title “Consultant to develop Info Note on the Georgian Transition Plan” to Ivan Varentsov at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 17th of April 2017 24:00 EET.
More information is in the Terms of Reference below