EHRN is looking for a consultant to systematize tools and methodologies for budget advocacy employed by the EHRN and its country partners and based on this knowledge and the best available international know-how for budget advocacy, develop a model for budget advocacy for harm reduction services for the harm reduction advocates, budget advocates and community leaders.
The objective of this consultancy is to systematize tools and methodologies for budget advocacy employed by the EHRN and its country partners and based on this knowledge and the best available international know-how for budget advocacy, develop a model for budget advocacy for harm reduction services for the harm reduction advocates, budget advocates and community leaders.
Specifically, the consultant (or a team of consultants) will be responsible to:
Activity Block 1: Facilitate a 2-day Workshop
- Develop an agenda and approaches and facilitate a workshop/brainstorming session with the key staff of EHRN and its national/international partners as identified by EHRN;
- Share best-available international evidence with respect of budget advocacy, models, approaches and tools, including information about national and regional differences in public budgeting processes in ECCA counties;
- Lead a brainstorming session with the group to identify any specific qualities of budget advocacy for harm reduction and visualization/branding of the model
As a result of this process
Activity Block 2: Systematization of Workshop Outcomes and Available Resources
- Provide recommendations on how to systematize existing tools, guides and methodologies (and success stories) on budget advocacy developed/achieved in the framework of EHRN activities;
- Draft model for Budget Advocacy for Harm Reduction Services for harm reduction advocates, budget advocates and community leaders in a close collaboration with ENRH staff.
- Incorporate comments from EHRN into the final version of the model and lead a 1-day meeting if required;
- Develop/propose concept and outline for 5 educational/advocacy videos on budget advocacy for harm reduction;
Activity Block 3: Application of the Model
- Propose recommendations on other tools and approaches to be developed or adopted by EHRN to address the gaps in the current knowledge and tool base for BA for harm reduction services;
- Develop full budget advocacy training module (3 to 5-day training);
- Conduct 1-day training about the module (In Batumi, Georgia on February 20-22, 2017).
Applications consisting of a Cover Letter, CV/Resume and financial and technical proposal should be delivered to Irena Zubkova at email@example.com with the subject “BA model consultant”, by January 13th 2017 (inclusive)
More information in the Terms of Reference