Eurasian Harm Reduction Network (EHRN) announces a tender for the selection of translators and editors (the "Consultants") for a long-term cooperation with EHRN.
Based on the results of the tender, a team of consultants with whom EHRN concludes long-term contracts will be selected.
Type and subject of the tender:
As part of its work, EHRN requires translations from Russian into English and from English into Russian of various types of documents, reports and publications, as well as editing and proofreading of texts in the English and Russian languages. Examples of texts: guidelines and methodologies, analytical articles, blogs, and informational texts for the website in the fields of harm reduction, human rights, public health and drug policies, reports on the implementation of projects of various donors (the Global Fund, the European Commission, USAID, UNAIDS, etc.).
As a result of the tender, from 1 to 4 consultants with the highest amount of points for each of the following category of work will be chosen:
- (A) translation from Russian into English;
- (B) translation from English into Russian;
- (C) editing of texts in Russian;
- (D) editing of texts in English.
Requirements to participants of the tender / evaluation criteria:
Essential requirement for the participants of the contest in categories C and D (editors):
- Category (C) – the Russian language must be native to the candidate (native speaker);
- Category (D) - the English language must be native to the candidate (native speaker).
General requirements for all categories (A-B-C-D).
To assess the tender applications, the following criteria will be used (maximum amount of points for each criterion):
- Experience of translation/editing in the fields of public health and human rights: maximum 40 points;
- Experience of translation/editing in the fields of harm reduction, drug policy, and HIV response: maximum 30 points;
- Education: diploma in linguistics, philology or other related fields; special courses for translators, certifications, etc.: maximum 20 points;
- Price of translation/editing of a page of text (1800 characters with spaces): maximum 10.
The maximum possible amount of points is 100.
Participants must submit:
- A cover letter in a free format (no more than in 2 pages), which should include:
- information for which category (-ies) of work (A-B-C-D) the documents are submitted;
- description of translation/editing experience in the fields of public health, human rights as well as harm reduction, drug policy, and HIV response;
- indication of the cost of services, i.e. translation/editing of a page of text (1800 characters with spaces);
- Examples of translation/editing work in related fields (minimum 5 texts) in electronic format.
- CV in a free format;
- Copies of diplomas and certificates.
ATTENTION! If these documents are not provided in full, such application in not considered for evaluation.
Application deadline – 1 p.m., August 18, 2016, Vilnius local time. Please send your documents to Renata Andriuliene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon the completion of the tender procedures, EHRN will sign long-term contracts with the selected number of Consultants on a fixed cost of services per unit basis (page of text, 1800 characters with spaces). Further work will be carried out based on the needs of EHRN and according to the timeline and other conditions, which will be decided upon in each individual case.
The submission of documents for participation in the tender does not impose on EHRN any additional obligation to conclude a contract.