On 9 – 11 of November 2016 EHRN in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and Villa Maraini Foundation will organize a study tour for NGO representatives from EU member countries working in harm reduction to Rome (Italy).
The study tour will last for three full days and include a mix of theory and practice, with the active involvement of participants through group works, role plays, brainstorming. In addition the participants have the possibility to visit and get involved in the daily work and activities of Villa Maraini Foundation services, such as the drop-in center, the street units, the emergency unit, the therapeutic community. You may find the preliminary program of the study tour in the Annex to this announcement.
The study tour will be conducted in English. The hosting organization of the study tour is Villa Maraini Foundation.
EHRN would like to announce the opportunity to sponsor 6 NGO representatives from EU member countries overlapping with the EHRN geography to join this study tour.
EHRN will be able to cover travel, accommodation and meals expenses for the participants of the tour within its EC funded project “Harm Reduction Works! Improving funding for harm reduction and HIV prevention in the European Union”. The services of the hosting organization will be covered by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Criteria for selection of participants:
- Representative of NGOs working in the field of harm reduction from one of the next EU-member countries where EHRN is engaged: Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Rep., Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia;
- Director, HR Project Manager, Advocacy lead or expert within their organizations;
- Good spoken and conversational English (as the translation during the study tour will not be provided);
- Proactive, able to use the obtained information for relevant advocacy activities;
- Priority will be given to female activists;
To apply please send your CV and the Letter of Interest by 14.10.2016 COB Vilnius time at email@example.com.
For more information please see the document below.